Admissions, Application & Financial Aid
A Catholic Dual Language Immersion Education is one of the best investments your family can make. At Saint Sebastian School, we will work with your family to make your dream a reality.
Guidelines for Admission
• DEADLINE: Applications must be turned in by mid-February.
• PARISHONERS: Preferences shall be given to active members of the parish.
• WAITLIST: Applications turned in after the spring deadline will be waitlisted and considered on a space-availability basis.
• ENROLLMENT: If an offer of enrollment is extended, all materials (see checklist below) must be submitted before enrollment can be considered complete.
• IMMUNIZATIONS: All students must comply with current California immunization and health requirements prior to enrollment.
• CONTINUED ELIGIBILITY: The pastor and principal will review a students’ continued eligibility for enrollment in the school.
Age Requirements for Admission
Preschool: students must be at least 2.5 years old before September 1st
Transitional Kindergarten: students who turn 4 before September 1st
Kindergarten: students who turn 5 before before September 1st
First Grade: students who turn 6 before before September 1st
How To Apply
2. Fill out an application online. Our friendly staff will be happy to assist you in getting started.
3. For grade TK through 8, the school will schedule an individual readiness assessment. The readiness assessment is not a passing or failing test. Dual Language Immersion applicants will be required to take a readiness assessment to determine their likelihood of success in the program. Students in grades 1 through 8 are required to spend at least half a day in the classroom in a shadow day.
4. If you want to apply for financial aid, do the following:
1. Schedule a meeting with the principal, Mr. Suk – email or call the office to set it up
2. The office will provide forms for you to fill out once you schedule your meeting
3. Prior to your meeting with the principal, submit your forms and proof of income to the office. Supply your most recent income taxes (include: 1040 page 1, Schedule C, Schedule D, Schedule 1), CalWorks, CalFresh, Child Support, pay stubs, and any other pertinent proof of income.
Tuition is prorated based on student’s start date. There is an annual registration fee of $555 for all grades, this fee ensures your child’s space at the school and is collected yearly.
How To Pay
Tuition can be paid in full up front or divided into 10 or 12 monthly payments.
Payment is made using TADS online payment system which withdraws directly from the enrollee’s bank account. Select a payment option that best suits your financial needs. Please note, payments made through a credit card are assessed an additional charge for processing.
After School Care Program Fees
School finishes at 3pm Monday – Thursday, and early dismissal on Friday’s is at 12 noon. Aftercare fee is one payment for the whole family regardless of the number of children.
- Daily from 3:15pm to 6:00pm, $3,750 yearly per family.
- Fridays from 12:15pm to 3:15pm, $750 yearly per family
TK – Grade 8:
- $2,500 yearly per family
Discounts & Financial Aid
We strive to have Catholic education accessible to as many students as possible, both with its educational programs and financial considerations; however, it may have insufficient resources to serve the educational needs of all students.
There is a $1,000 discount for Parishioners of Saint Sebastian Church. Parishioners must be registered members of this church for a full calendar year to qualify. In addition, the parishioners must actively participate in weekly Sunday Mass and associated Church functions (volunteering, attending functions etc.), and contribute a minimum of $1,000 per year to the church. At least one adult and child must be Roman Catholic to qualify.
There is a sibling discount of $1,000 for families with two or more children enrolling at Saint Sebastian School.
FREE OR REDUCED COST LUNCH
Apply for free or reduced lunch pricing based on financial need. Nearly 50% of our students are on a reduced tuition rate and qualify for free or reduced priced lunch.
We have new and used uniforms available for students.
Financial aid is available for TK – 8th grade students. We do not offer financial aid for preschool.
To apply for financial aid once your student is enrolled:
1. Schedule a meeting with the principal – email or call the office
2. The front office will provide forms for you to fill out once you schedule your meeting
3. Prior to your meeting, submit proof of income to the office
- Most recent income taxes (Include: 1040 page 1, Schedule C, Schedule D, Schedule 1), CalWorks, CalFresh, Child Support, pay stubs, and any other pertinent proof of income.
The following must be turned in before applications are considered complete.
NEW STUDENTS (PRE-ACCEPTANCE):
For new students the following additional items are needed:
- Application for Enrollment
- School-administered standardized test scores from last two school years (if applicable)
- Report Cards from last two school years (If entering after Kindergarten)
- Assessment with teacher (grades TK-8th grade)
- Copy of F-1 or A-1 Visa (for International Admissions Students Only)
ENROLLMENT CHECKLIST (AFTER ACCEPTANCE):
- Tuition Payment Agreement
- Agreement for Admission
- Registration fee
- Birth Certificate
- Immunization Record
- Baptismal/ First Communion Certificate (if desired)
- Completed I-20 Archdiocese Application (for International Admissions Students only)
- Completion of TADS payment agreement
Non-Discrimination Policy (Archdiocesan Policy)
The school, mindful of its mission to be a witness to the love of Christ for all, admits students regardless of race, color, or national and/or ethnic origin to all rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school.
The school does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, disability, sex, or national and/or ethnic origin in the administration of educational policies and practices, scholarship programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs, although certain athletic leagues and other programs may limit participation and some archdiocesan schools operate as single sex schools.
While the school does not discriminate against students with special needs, a full range of services may not always be available to them. Decisions concerning the admission and continued enrollment of a student in the school are based upon the student’s emotional, academic and physical abilities and the resources available to the school in meeting the student’s needs.
Diversity Policy of St. Sebastian School
The primary purpose of St. Sebastian School is the education of young people in order to assist them in their academic, personal and spiritual growth. Parents and guardians who enroll their children understand that the school will remain faithful to the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church and steadfast in proclaiming them. While present on the school campus and at school sponsored events, every adult has the responsibility of supporting the school’s mission by demonstrating appropriate conduct and acting as a positive role model to our students.
The administration of St. Sebastian School recognizes that our students come from a variety of family backgrounds, some of which may not fully conform to the moral teachings of the Catholic Church. The personal family background of a student does not constitute an absolute obstacle to enrollment in the school. However, acceptance of any child for enrollment in the school does not imply approval of or condone any parental living situation that may be contrary to Church teachings.
Through the mission of the Archdiocese, our schools strive to serve children with varied learning needs. All educators in Archdiocesan schools follow “Directions for the Inclusion Process in Catholic Schools: Support Team Education Plan Process (STEP) and Minor Adjustment Plan Process (MAP)”. Parents or guardians who feel that their student may need a minor adjustment to enable him/her to participate in the general education curriculum of the school should consult the student’s teacher and principal to determine how best to meet the students needs.
School Student Non-Discrimination Policy
The school, mindful of its mission to be a witness to the love of Christ for all, admits students regardless of race, color, national origin, and/or ethnic origin to all rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. The school does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, disability, medical condition, sex, or national and/or ethnic origin in the administration of educational policies and practices, scholarship programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs, although certain athletic leagues and other programs may limit participation and some archdiocesan schools operate as single-sex schools. While the school does not discriminate against students with special needs, a full range of services may not always be available to them. Decisions concerning the admission and continued enrollment of a student in the school are based upon the student’s emotional, academic, and physical abilities and the resources available to the school in meeting the student’s needs.